As summer vacation starts, more than 100 million trips are scheduled
to tour former Communist revolutionary bases, according to the number of
orders booked with domestic travel agencies.
tourism" has seen a boom over the years, as more people visit historical
places linked to the revolution led by the Communist Party of China
from 1921 to 1949.
While tours to former Communist
revolutionary bases have been available for years, a guideline recently
issued by central authorities upped the game by demanding better
protection and use of cultural relics.
Rao Quan, an official
with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, recently said more tours would
be developed to enrich the cultural connotations of "red tourism" and
improve its quality.
China has 33,315 revolutionary sites and relics on record, and more than 800 million "red tourism" trips are made on average every year.
What is Red Tourism?
Red tourism is a subset of tourism in the People's Republic of China in which Chinese people visit locations with historical significance to Chinese Communism "to rekindle their long-lost sense of class struggle and proletarian principles." The Government began actively supporting red tourism in 2005 to promote the "national ethos" and socioeconomic development in those areas, which are typically rural and poorer than East China. In July 2010, officials representing 13 Chinese cities signed a "China Red Tourism Cities Strategic Cooperation Yan'an Declaration" to develop red tourism; The cities are: Guang'an, Yan'an, Xiangtan, Jinggangshan, Ruijin, Zunyi, Baise, Shijiazhuang, Linyi, Anyang, Yulin, Shaanxi, Qingyang, and Huining. A Chinese official said "This is a major project that benefits both the Party, the nation and the people, either in the economic, cultural and the political sense.
* Quality Service & Affordable Prices are what we are here to do for our clients
* Customizable & Flexible Tour Arrangement based your needs
* Beijing Local Tour Company offers various Beijing Tours & China Package Tours
* Professional Guides: Licensed Bilingual tour guides with 5+ years experience
* Experienced Drivers & well conditionded vehicle
* Various Payment Methods: Paypal, Alipay, Wechat, Bank transfer
* Free Cancellation: Up to 24 hours+ before your travel time
* Reply your tour inquiry in details within 24 hours
* 24/7 fully backed up by our team & Last Minute Booking is available
1 to 1 tailor-made service from our professional travel advisors for the most sophisticated
Constantly excellent reviews for attraction, hotel and service Competitive price
Local experts provide quality tours Best selected knowledgeable local guides Authentic local restaurants
7*24 hours available to create you a worry-free tour. No Hidden Fees and absolutely no pressure to buy. Secured